What is Toxic Productivity?
- An unhealthy fixation on productivity.
- Measuring your self-worth by how productive you are.
- The constant need to be doing something.
- The quickest route to burnout.
What is Wellbeing-Driven Productivity?
- Recognising the link between wellbeing and productivity.
- Understanding that to do well, you need to be well.
- Prioritising your needs and wellbeing.
- Adopting a wellbeing-first mindset.
Three Ways to Develop a Wellbeing-First Mindset
- This is, by far, the most difficult - learn to say no.
- Understand the types of activities that deplete and restore your energy levels. Where possible, plan your week to achieve balance.
- Work out which self-care activities work for you and schedule them (often).
Prioritising your needs feels selfish at first, but we need to reframe that - it is an act of selflessness. Self-care is not selfish.